Shrimp, Feta & Watermelon Salad
Recipe provided by Chef Jaime Gwen
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups baby or wild arugula
- 1 watermelon cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 12 fresh mint leaves julinned
- 1 lb Large fresh shrimp I used frozen, deveined and peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry wine vinegar
Lay a small bed of arugula on 4 serving plates (I used 3 plates).
Divide the watermelon cubes among the plates of arugula. Crumble the feta into large chunks or use already crumbled
Over the watermelon, top each plate with the strips of mint. Chill the plates uncovered, the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Heat Barbeque or stovetop grill to high. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and lemon zest. Grill shrimp quickly and if they were raw you will see them turn pink. (I used frozen already cooked so it only took a few minutes.)
Remove the plates from the fridge and top each salad with a drizzle of oil and few drops of sherry vinegar. Top with shrimp and serve.