Father Andrew’s Ceviche
This dish is prepared by "cooking" the shrimp in a marinade.
- 1 lb raw large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about two lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 3 limes
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds and vein removed, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 c Italian Parsley chopped
- 1/16 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp black Pepper
First, blister the Jalapeno Pepper either over an open flame or in the oven using the broiler until the skin is blackened. Let it cool in a bowl that is covered with plastic wrap. Once cooled, remove skin and seeds and dice the pepper.
Next, dice the raw Shrimp into the small pieces (about 1/2 inch) and put them in the bowl and add both the lemon and lime juice. Stir in the Jalapeno, garlic, onion, and 1/4 c chopped parsley.
Add the Cayenne Pepper, olive oil, salt, and Black Pepper.
Lastly, chill for about 2-3 hours. Then plate and serve the Ceviche.