On today’s show, I have a real treat for you. First I will be making Gazpacho soup. This is one of my favorite things to make on a hot summer’s day because it is fast, easy, and since there is no cooking, the kitchen stays cool.
Next, I get to make pineapple upside-down cake with my 360 saute pan. Lastly, we will be making Chocolate, Chocolate chip ice cream with my grandaughter, Cassie who is visiting from New Orleans.
Kathryn’s Tomato Gazpacho
- Blender or Food Processor
- 3 cups of Tomato Juice or V8
- 2 cucumbers seeded and chopped (I used English Cucumbers)
- 1 yellow mini sweet Pepper – chopped
- 3 red Mini sweet Peppers – chopped
- ½ small red onion or ¼ of large red onion
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar
- Juice one lemon
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 scallions chopped
- If you have a large food processor add all your fresh ingredients and lemon juice and Tomato Juice If not do it in the processing it in stages. And Process them in the Food Processor until chunky if you like it that way but if not grind it longer to have a smoother consistency.
Kathryn’s Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all ingredients.
- In a Mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. Whisk until the sugar and cocoa completely dissolve.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks then mix in the vanilla. Fold the cocoa powder mixture into the whipped cream until all cocoa mixture is incorporated. Store mixture in the in refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Then pour mixture into the cold canister follow the directions for your ice cream maker. Once the ice cream is complete, place the mixture in a covered container to chill in the freezer. Once it is set, enjoy!
- *Directions for ice cream makers vary, so please follow the directions for your machine.
Stovetop Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 20 oz can Pineapple Rings or can crushed pineapple drained, reserve juice
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice plus water
- Using a 360 Sauté pan or similar heavy pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar, and let it dissolve completely. Next, add the pineapple rings or crushed pineapple and simmer until lightly caramelized.
- While the pineapple is caramelizing, mix the cake mix with the eggs and liquid (Reserved juice and water).
- Once the pineapple mixture is ready, poured the cake mix into the Sauté pan on low heat for 45 to 60 minutes. Let it cool and then take a plate put it on the top of the Pan and invert it.
- Add Whip cream and maraschino cherries to the top of the Pineapple Upside Down Cake to complete it.