Kathryn Raaker and her Guest, Jamya prepare some kid-friendly recipes. Kathryn and Jamya prepare a wonderfully moist chocolate cake with white homemade icing with miniature chocolate chips. Jayma also prepared her favorite chicken quesadillas. Kathryn shared her homemade salsa to top it off.
Jamya Chocolate Chip Cake & Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Super Moist Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup miniature Chocolate Chips
- Bake in 13x9 pan for 30 to 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean – Let cool for at least 45 minutes then spread with cream cheese frosting and serve.
- Soften 8 oz of cream cheese in a bowl then add cool whip and confectionary sugar and mix medium speed until blended well and fluffy then ice a cool cake. Sprinkle Chocolate Chips over entire cake.
- Mix on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand 2 minutes pour into greased Pan
- 1 14.5 oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Peppers chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Fresh, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl stir and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or more. Make the night before for better flavor Serve with Quesadillas
Jamya Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Chopped (Rotisserie or baked)
- 4 Soft Taco’s
- 8 oz bag Mexican Blended Cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tomatoes Chopped fine
- 1 can Jalapeno chopped
- 1 jar Salsa (Kathryn’s Homemade Salsa Recipe)
- Warm the Soft Taco’s – in frying pan or Quesadilla Maker Put soft taco’s in pan or Quesadilla Maker Place Cheese on top of taco and add chopped chicken Heat until cheese is melted and serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.