Kathryn Raaker visits Tim Cambell, The Mustard Man, as he works his display at Jungle Jim’s in Cincinnati.
In their final recipe, Kathryn and Tim Campbell, The Mustard Man, prepare a tasty salad.
"Simply Horsey" Salad
- baby spinach
- Edamame Shelled
- Grape tomatoes Sliced in half
- Dried pomegranate seeds
- slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Simply Horsey Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice Fresh is best
- 1/4 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a small jar, add mustard, lemon juice, lemon pepper and salt. Shake well and set aside
- Add spinach, edamame, tomatoes, Pomegranate seeds and slivered almonds to a medium-large mixing bowl. Toss. Pour on dressing and toss again. Serve
Kathryn and Tim Campbell, The Mustard Man, prepare “Simply Sweet”Asparagus Rollups.
"Simply Sweet" Asparagus Roll-ups
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 Strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp green onion chopped
- 12-24 Asparagus Spears FRESH
- 12 slices thin white bread crusts removed
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line baking sheet with Parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, and green onion. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin and spread with cream cheese mixture. Trim Asparagus so it extends an inch or two over bread edges. Place one or two spears on each of the slices. Roll up bread and asparagus and brush with melted butter. Place seam down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 400º F for 10-12 min or until lightly browned. Serve with Mustard Man "Simply Sweet" Dipping sauce.
In this segment, Kathryn and Tim Campbell, The Mustard Man prepare “Simply Horsey” Potato Salad.
"Simply Horsey" Mustard Potato Salad
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes (Can substitute Russet)
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Relish (can substitute chopped dill pickles)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3-4 Tbsp Simply Horsey Mustard
- 1-2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- 4-5 Tbsp sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes with the skin on, until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Hard boil eggs. Peel and cool. Cut potatoes into approx. 1/2 inch cubes. Cut up eggs and add to potatoes. Next add pickles and onions. Lightly mix these ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix mayo, mustard, pickle juice and sugar. Add to potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In this first segment, Kathryn introduces Tim Campbell, The Mustard Man and together they prepare “Simply Sweet” Pork Chops.
"Simply Sweet" Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Simply Sweet Mustard
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 in thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, brown sugar, Simply Sweet Mustard and seasoned salt. Whisk in viegar. Pour into a large storage bag and add pork chops. Make sure all the chops have been coated with the mixture. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours (overnight is best). Remove from bag and grill over a medium heat until 145º F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 min.