Today, I am preparing a couple of my recipes using my homemade Limoncello, Paprika Parmesan Chicken, and Vanilla Limoncello Bundt cake. For the second half of the show, Father Umberg joins me again to prepare a couple of favorites from a previous show, Lebanese Green Beans and Red Cabbage.
Vanilla Bundt Cake with Homemade Limoncello
- Bundt pan
- 1 1/2 cup butter softened (3 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract optional
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Crisco shortening
- 2 Tbsp Limoncello Homemade (optional)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar for dusting on top of the cake
- 1 Pint of Raspberries to put into the round hole of the Bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350° FGrease a 12-cup Bundt pan with Crisco shortening. In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix until combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating until just combined. Pour in milk and mix until fully incorporated, then add remaining dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into greased Bundt pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a shaker shake the powdered sugar, over the whole cake. Finally, add the berries into the center of the cake
Kathryn’s Paprika Parmesan Chicken
- 13 x 9 pan
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed, Sliced in Half
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup Original Panko
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Limoncello I used homemade
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat 2 eggs in a small dish.
- Mix Original Panko, parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper on a flat plate.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan. I used the 360 baking pan.
- Dip chicken, 1 breast at a time, in egg mixture, then in parmesan/paprika mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast with each ingredient.
- Place in the prepared baking pan, in a single layer. Spread the Parmesan cheese on top of the Chicken Breasts then pour the melted butter evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the cheese has browned, and the chicken has cooked.
Father Andrew’s Lebanese Green Beans
- 1 can 28 oz Green Beans
- 1 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes if you would prefer
- 3 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 3 cloves (or 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- ¼ to ½ tsp Cardamom
- ¾ Tbsp Fines Herbs
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- Heat Oil in Saucepan add onion s once onions are soft add Green Beans, and Tomato Sauce then add-in
- Spices and stir well and then heat thoroughly and serve. Serves 4
Father Andrew’s Red Cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 medium head Red Cabbage Slice cabbage 2-inch strips and 1/4-inch width
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup Dark Malt Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 cloves
- 1/3 cup Blackberry Jelly, Jam, or Preserves
- Sauté chopped onions in Butter and olive oil.
- Then add shredded cabbage stir with the sauté onions. Add vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and cloves. Mix in chopped apples. Cover and Simmer half an hour. After simmering whisk in jelly/preserves. Finally, Put in Serving Dish serve with Sauerbraten over noodles.