Kathryn prepares a recipe using King Prawns similar to a dish she enjoyed while on the Celestyal Crusie to Greece in 2015. She had a wonderful time visiting some of the ports during her seven day cruise. To learn more or to book a vacation, visit Celestyal Cruises.
Greek King Prawns
- 4 King Prawns (about 1/4 lb each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 1 cup roma tomatoes chopped (about 3-4)
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Ouzo (White Wine is a good substitute)
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil on a medium-high heat. Add prawns cooking about 4-5 min on first side. Next flip prawns and add onions. When onions are somewhat translucent, add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Lastly, add Ouzo and light with flame to burn off alcohol (about a minute). Serve with sticky white rice and garnish with Rosemary.