Steamed Artichokes a great light appetizer, first course or salad!
Steamed Artichokes and Balsamic Dipping Sauce
Delectable first course or served with main meal . Artichokes are great and low in calories!
- 2 cups water
- 3 Medium Young Artichokes
Artichoke Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 3/4 cup Real Mayonaise
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Wash Artichoke thoroughly then, cut artichoke stem but leave at least 1/2 inch on the bottom of artichoke . Add at least two to three cups of water to the large pan. Then place the artichokes in vegetable steamer in the large pot, cover the pot and steam for at least 50 minutes to an hour. Let artichokes cool then serve with dipping sauce.
- To make your dipping sauce, chop up 11/8 of onion to give you 2 tablespoons, set aside. Take small mixing bowl an add 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, fold in 2 tablespoons of minced onion, and balsamic vinegar then fold in all dry ingredients until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate for until well chilled.