Kathryn Raaker begins these segments by introducing products from CuchinoPro -Bubble Waffle Maker, Pizzelle Maker, Flatbread Maker. To purchase the products, visit their website at www.cuchinopro.com
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- 7 cups Flour
- 4 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp anise seeds (optional)
- Makes a HUGE batch Beat eggs and sugar, add cooled melted butter, vanilla and anise seed. Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Batter will have dough like consistency. Heat pizzelle iron, place about 1 tablespoon of batter on grid just behind the center of the pattern. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 40 second. Remove and cool on rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
Next we make waffles with the CuchinoPro Bubble Waffle Maker
Cuchino Pro Waffles
- 3 Egg yokes
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, vanilla, butter and sugar until combined. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk into the egg yolk mixture until well mixed with no lumps remaining.
- Beat egg whites to medium peaks. Add 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter and gently stir until lightened. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites in 2 additions.
- Pre-heat the Bubble maker and pour the batter evenly over the bottom plate. Some people use a soup ladle to do this. Use a temperature Silicon or wood utensil to spread the batter evenly over the bottom plate. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until the waffle turns golden brown.