Kathryn shares some favorite snacks and appetizers that are fun, simple, and light. Later she is joined by her friend, Marty Schultes who helps her prepare a couple more recipes for light party fare.
First up Kathryn starts with her pita rounds topped with ham, banana peppers, and shredded mozzarella. Next, Kathryn makes a Sundried Tomato Spread, great for serving with vegies or toasted baguettes. In this episode, she serves them with crackers. Lastly, Kathryn makes a spicy popcorn snack with pretzels and peanuts.
In the second half of the show, Kathryn is joined by her dear friend Marty Schultes and together they prepare some Honey Orange glazed Meatballs. Finally, Kathryn and Marty prepare some Sweet Pepper Bruschetta made from mini sweet peppers.
All the recipes from this episode are below the video. Enjoy!
Kathryn's Pepper, Deviled Ham with Mozzarella Rounds
- 5 Mini Pita Rounds Split in two
- 2 cans Deviled Ham
- 10 Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 10 small Cilantro Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350
- On baking sheet arrange pita round one layer.
- Spread Deviled Ham on each Pita round
- Put the Yellow mild Banana Pepper Rings on top of Deviled Ham Spread
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake about 4minutes to 5 minutes
- Garnish with Cilantro
Kathryn's Sundried Tomato Spread
- 2 8.5 oz jars oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes Drained
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Basil
- Using a food processor, place tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, and
- pepper; process until tomatoes are finely chopped. Pour into a serving bowl and stir in basil.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
SWEET AND SPICY SNACK MIX
- 6 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 3 oz pkg plain salted popcorn popped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, peanuts, melted butter, sugar, paprika, red pepper, and popcorn; toss well.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool
- Completely on a wire rack.
Meatballs with Honey Orange Glaze
- 2 lbs ground pork Substitute, Ground meat of any kind
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Plain Bread crumbs or Panko Original, not seasoned
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground fresh Black Pepper I prefer Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Virgin Olive oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- Garnish with green onions, chives, chopped parsley or basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In large bowl, mix together meat, bread crumbs, egg, salt onion powder and pepper
- Using a small (Tbsp) scoop, shape mixture into 24 to 30 Balls.
- In a large skillet or brown over medium heat – we use an electric skillet to brown our meatballs
- For this recipe cook half of the meatballs and then the remaining ones.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs onto a cookie sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking in the same pan add honey and orange juice and cook over medium heat stirring frequently until thickened. About 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the skillet off if electric. Remove pan from heat if its on the stove Take meatballs out of oven and add the meatballs to skillet; stir until coated in glaze. Using a slotted spoon arrange on dish and garnish with Green onion, basil or parsley.
Mini Sweet Pepper Bruschetta
- ½ to ¾ Loaf of French bread sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 4 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp salt divided
- 1 lb package mini sweet peppers seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic Optional
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Brush both sides of the French bread slices with Olive oil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and place on prepared pan
- Bake until Golden Brown about 8-to 10 minutes
- In a large skillet or electric skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; add sweet peppers; cook stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. 6 to 8 minutes
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Rub toasted bread slices with garlic. (Optional we did not use garlic)
- Divide pepper mixture among toasted bread slices. Garnish with parmesan Cheese, if you want Serve immediately.