HUGE Thank you to Tommy Bahama Resturant and Grill for the use of this recipe!
Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- 3/4 lb peeled shrimp 18-20 per pound peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Cucumber seeds removed and diced small
- 1 Tbsp dill Fresh
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 1/4 tsp ground caraway (or substitute ground celery salt)
- 2 Tbsp Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt
- 4 slices rye bread (or bread of your choice)
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- In a 10-12-inch sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they are cooked through. Remove from the heat and separate the shrimp from any remaining oil in the pan. Reserve the oil to brush the bread with in Step 3. Let shrimp cool completely, then fold in all ingredients from Step 2. Set your oven on the broil setting. Brush each slice of bread with remaining oil from cooking the shrimp. Add more olive oil if you don’t have enough left over from cooking the shrimp. Bake bread until golden. Remove from oven and lightly rub each slice with the garlic half. Set aside and serve with shrimp tzatziki.