In this show, Kathryn and her pastor and fellow chef, Rev Andrew Umberg prepare a couple of dishes. First, Father Umberg prepares his Lebanese Green Bean dish. Next, he makes one of his favorites, his Seafood Delight with Creamy White Sauce.
Father Andrew’s Lebanese Green Beans
- 1 can 28 oz Green Beans
- 1 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes if you would prefer
- 3 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 3 cloves (or 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- ¼ to ½ tsp Cardamom
- ¾ Tbsp Fines Herbs
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- Heat Oil in Saucepan add onion s once onions are soft add Green Beans, and Tomato Sauce then add-in
- Spices and stir well and then heat thoroughly and serve. Serves 4
- 8 Golden Potatoes – peeled and quartered
- ½ cup half & half or milk
- 1 Stick of Butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Scallions sliced thin (only use the white part of the onion)
- 6 quarts water
- Peel potatoes and put them in cold water
- Then when ready cut them into quarters and then put them into the pot with water and boil for about 20 25 minutes or when you can poke then with a fork and they are not hard but not too soft.
- Then strain the boiled potatoes using a colander till no water is left then put them into a bowl and start mashing them add butter and cream add chopped green onions and mix. Put aside. Then take individual bowls and spread mashed potatoes around the bottom of the bowl and up the sides. As you will use these as a base for the Seafood Entrée.
Father Andrew’s Seafood Delight with White Sauce
- 2 4 oz lobster tails
- 1 lb Bay Scallops
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Fines Herb
- 2 heaping Tbsp Flour
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Clean and chop up leeks, boil water for Lobster tails, then prepare one pan to sauté chopped mushrooms.
- Rinse scallops, in a colander. Pull lobster out of the shells and chop into small pieces
- In a small pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and heat the pan then add 1/3 stick butter and heat then add the sliced mushroom cook a little then add scallops, then add lobster pieces add wine.
- In the other pan heat the oil and butter add leeks then add flour and move around until you see no more white then slowly add cream and stir then add chicken broth keep stirring until thickened you want to boil the starch out of sauce once that is done add chopped parsley and stir into the white sauce. Pour the white sauce over the seafood mixture and stir.
- Serve in large bowls that have the Duchess Potatoes that you have spread on the bottom and up the sides. Add about 1 cup of the seafood on top of the Duchess Potatoes.