In this last segment, Kathryn prepares “Shrimp Tzatziki” and finishes with a refreshing, Blueberry Thyme Smash.”
Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- 3/4 lb peeled shrimp 18-20 per pound peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Cucumber seeds removed and diced small
- 1 Tbsp dill Fresh
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 1/4 tsp ground caraway (or substitute ground celery salt)
- 2 Tbsp Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt
- 4 slices rye bread (or bread of your choice)
- 1 clove garlic cut in half
- In a 10-12-inch sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they are cooked through. Remove from the heat and separate the shrimp from any remaining oil in the pan. Reserve the oil to brush the bread with in Step 3. Let shrimp cool completely, then fold in all ingredients from Step 2. Set your oven on the broil setting. Brush each slice of bread with remaining oil from cooking the shrimp. Add more olive oil if you don’t have enough left over from cooking the shrimp. Bake bread until golden. Remove from oven and lightly rub each slice with the garlic half. Set aside and serve with shrimp tzatziki.
Blueberry Thyme Smash
Servings: 1 11-14 oz
- 2 parts The Botanist® Gin
- 3/4 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 part simple syrup Recipe included below
- 10 blueberries (set aside 3 for garnish)
- 2 sprigs thyme FRESH
- 1 cup water 1 cup sugar Combine ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer until sugar is fully dissolved, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool. Store in refrigerator in a glass jar with a lid
- Muddle 7 blueberries and 1 sprig of thyme in a mixing glass or drink shaker. Add rest of ingredients with ice. Shake well until chilled. Strain over fresh ice in tall drink glass. Garnish with 3 blueberries on a noshi gushi (knotted bamboo skewer) and a sprig of thyme.
When consuming alcohol, please drink responsibly.