In this episode, Kathryn and her frieind and fellow chef, Terry Young, prepare some vegan meals for Lent using recipes and products from Quorn.
Kathryn would like to thank the people at Quorn for giving her permission to showcase their products and recipes. Eating meat-free has never been easier and tastier!
Simple Thai Noodle soup with Quorn Meatless Pieces
- 10.5 oz Quorn Meatless Pieces OR Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed – We did not use the garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 7 oz coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- ½ cup baby corn sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas sliced in half
- 50 g 1 cup rice noodles, cooked to pack instructions
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock and vegetables. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, add 1 tbsp. oil and fry the Quorn Meatless Pieces for 7 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Add the cooked rice noodles to the soup, along with the Quorn Meatless Pieces. Stir well and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
Quorn Meatless Chili
- 12 oz Bag Quorn Meatless Grounds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1-2 tsp fresh red chili pepper finely chopped
- 2 peeled garlic cloves minced
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder optional depending on your heat preference
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups strained unsalted tomatoes or canned unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp low sodium vegetable broth
- 15 oz can kidney or pinto beans rinsed and drained Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, sauté 4-5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chili, garlic and spices. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the kidney beans and Quorn Meatless Grounds and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and stir in the fresh cilantro
Quorn Vegan Fillets with Kalamata Olives and Capers
- 8 Quorn Meatless Vegan Fillets
- Olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup Taggiasche or Kalamata olives
- 3 cups sundried tomatoes in oil 1
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a pan and cook the Quorn Vegan Meatless Fillets for 7-8 minutes.
- Add olives, chopped sundried tomato and capers.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and taste; season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve the Quorn Vegan Meatless Fillets garnish with parsley.
Quorn Vegan Pieces & Quinoa Salad
- 1 bag Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice uncooked
- 1/3 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup cooked edamame beans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 2 handfuls baby kale roughly torn
- 25-30 red grapes
- halved freshly chopped mint leaves
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1½ Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing. Marinate the Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces in half of the dressing for 30 minutes, place the remaining dressing in the refrigerator until needed.
- Cook the rice and quinoa according to pack instructions, drain then set aside.
- Pre-heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the marinated Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces for 3-4 minutes. Add the kale and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until it begins to wilt.
- In a bowl toss the marinated Quorn Vegan Meatless Pieces with the salad ingredients, drizzle over with the remaining dressing and garnish with freshly chopped mint leaves