Kathryn attended the Lipari trade show in April 2019. There she met Mary Lindeman who introduced her to Pine River products. The following recipes are from Pine River.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is an easy dip
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup Pine River Chunky Bleu Flavor Cheese
- ¼ cup Ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into small pieces
- Heat oven 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients and place into 1 Quart baking dish
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Serve with crackers, chips or vegetables
Sharp Cheddar Spinach Dip
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese spread
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained squeezed dry)
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp dry minced onion
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp pimento chopped
- In a medium bowl, blend cheese spread and sour cream until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill several hours or overnight. Serve with fresh vegetables or crackers.
A simple recipe for a cauliflower side or main dish.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Pine River Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cook whole Cauliflower for 20 to 30 minutes or break up in large flower heads, drain
- Put into greased casserole. Melt butter, stir in flower salt and pepper. Add milk slowly and cook until thicken, like gravy. Slowly stir in pepper cheese until melted. Pour over the top of the Cauliflower . Can add crushed cornflakes, dried onions or fresh sliced scallions for color and texture to the top. Bake 375 for 25 minutes
- Serve while hot.
Tuscan Asiago Soup
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 large potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Pine River Asiago cheese spread
- 4 cups fresh kale or fresh spinach leaves chopped
- Brown bacon and sausage together until nicely browned. Add onion until translucent about two minutes, then add minced garlic. Stir in the chicken broth, pepper and sliced potatoes, bringing to boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minute. Gently add half and half, fold in Asiago cheese until melted. Stir in the kale or spinach cook until wilted. Serve in soup bowls.