The Chef, You and I Show with Kathryn Raaker and her guest Chef Father Andrew Umberg, as they prepare some favorite items for Mother’s Day. On the menu for today is Healthy Blooming Onions, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Shredded Pork BBQ, Arugula Date Salad, and Desserts. All are a combination of Kathryn’s and Father Andrew’s favorite recipes We want to thank our sponsors Circle B Ranch Pork, 360 Cookware, and Corn Huskers Duck Fat Spray.
Shredded Pork BBQ
- 64 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Parsley Flakes
- ¾ Tbsp Celery Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper and Salt
- 2 Tbsp Dry Onion Flakes
- 6 Shallots Finely Chopped
- Corn Huskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray
- Add all ingredients on top of the Pork roast pour chicken broth into the pan fill pan up over the Roast and then cook the Pork Butt or Pork Roast in a slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours or until the pork falls apart. Then let roast cool and then shred the pork spray Baking Pan I sued 360 Pan and spray with Duck Fat Spray and then put shredded meat into the Pan I then used a prepared Barbeque sauce and covered all the meat and then put in oven for about 20 minutes to heat at 350 and then served on Buns.
- 4 to 6 White Onions- Peel them whole
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper per onion
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Clean the Onions then cut diagonally till you have the onion
- completely cut all the way around
- do not cut them all the way thru.
- Then place them in a flat dish – like a corning ware dish with a top
- We sprayed the bottom of the dish with Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat
- Pour Olive oil into each Onion
- Use 10 to 12 drops of Tabasco Sauce in each onion
- About 1 teaspoon of black Pepper in each onion
- 1 tablespoon of soft butter on the top of each onion
- Cover onions with Aluminum Foil
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve
Fr Umberg’s Scorched Brussel Sprouts
- ½ large bag Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Garlic
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz water
- Cut the knobs off Brussel Sprouts and quarter them.
- In a frying pan add butter and oil heat on low heat add garlic and onions
- Sauté the onions and garlic for one minute
- Add the Brussel Sprouts you want to scorch the Brussel Sprouts (they turn a little Brown)
- Add flavor to the Roasted Brussel Sprouts by adding Hoisin Sauce and 6 oz. of water to the pan.
- Pour contents of Pan in a Serving Bowl.
Arugula Salad with Fresh Dates
- 20 Green seedless grapes cut in half
- ½ to ¾ cup chopped walnuts- optional if you are allergic to nuts or you could substitute Blueberries optional if you are allergic to nuts or you could substitute Blueberries
- ¾ cup Dates
- ¼ to ½ cup fresh goat cheese crumbled
- 1 box Arugula about 5 cups
- Add Arugula chopped grapes and walnuts, chopped dates, mix well the add crumbled goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 /2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Add Arugula,chopped grapes and walnuts, chopped dates, mix well the add crumbled goatcheese
- In a small bowl or small Mason Jar, mix all the ingredients and pour over salad and serve.