Chefs Kathryn and Father Umberg prepare some of their favorite dishes using Chef Mex Poquitto Mas Flour Totillas.
- 24 oz salsa- homemade Salsa About 3 cups
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 pkg 8-inch soft tortillas I used Chef Mex Poquitto Mas Flour Totillas
- 3 Green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish and set aside. – I used Cornhuskers Duck Fat Spray
- In a large skillet add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add chili powder and cumin.
- Add diced onions and peppers and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes and 3/4 of the jar of salsa to skillet and mix to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut tortilla in halves or quarters. Spread a small amount of salsa on bottom of casserole dish. Add one layer of cut tortillas and then layer some of the chicken mixture and some cheese. Repeat layers until casserole dish is filled.
- Top with leftover salsa and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese starts to brown and bubble.
- Top with chopped green onions and your favorite toppings. Delicious!!!!
Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp pepper
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cab of Black ripe olives chopped
- 1 16 oz of Marinara Sauce
- 4 oz green chili peppers chopped
- 6 flour Chef Mex Paquito Mas flour tortillas
- 8 oz Mexican blend cheese grated, or cheddar jack
- 1/2 cup water
- In a Large Skillet (I used an Electric Skillet) cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned. Drain well. Stir the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, olives, tomato sauce, and chili peppers into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. I sprayed the 13×9 dish with Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray. Then alternate layers of lightly buttered tortillas, the meat mixture, and shredded cheese, ending with cheese sprinkled over top. Add water, and cover with lid or foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with ripe olive slices, chopped green onions, and fresh chopped tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 Roasted Chicken from Store Chopped into pices (about half a chicken or two breasts)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 8 Med size Chef Mex Flour Tortillas
- 5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup scallions green onions, chopped
- 1 15 oz can green enchilada sauce optional
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- Salsa and sour cream
- Sprinkle the Chicken with the Put the Taco seasoning and one third cup of chicken broth into a bowl and add chopped chicken mix chicken into it and then take the Tortilla put into the Tortilla maker and lay it down on ( I used a Quesadilla Electric maker) You can do it your skillet to the tortilla add a handful of cheese, then a pinch of scallions, then about 1/2 cup cooked chicken mixture. Moving quickly, spoon over a couple spoonsful of the cooked sauce and green enchilada sauce Top with another handful of cheese and top with another tortilla in the Electric Tortilla maker wait until the light is off and take it out of the Maker.