This recipe can be found in the New Betty Crocker Cookbook
Kathryn's Rainbow Fruit Pizza
6 large fresh strawberries 4 ounces canned mandarin oranges 2 kiwis -sliced
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet (Alt: 1 10 in flour Tortilla)
- 8 ounces Light Cool whip
- 6 large fresh strawberries 6 large fresh strawberries 6 large fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces canned mandarin oranges drained
- 2 kiwis Peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Fresh blackberries
- 35 Green Grapes Cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375° F. On a lightly greased baking sheet, gently roll out the Crescent Seamless Dough Sheet to make a rectangle, lightly pressing the dough to shape as needed. Trim away the edges of the dough to form a rainbow, and gently press down the corners so that they do not flare up during baking. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until lightly golden and crispy. Remove and let cool to room temperature. * While the pizza bakes, prepare the fruit. Cut tops off of strawberries and slice thinly; rinse mandarin oranges and pat dry; peel and slice kiwis into coins, then slice coins in half cross-wise to form half moons. Simply wash and pat dry the blueberries and blackberries. Set fruit aside. Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cooled crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around all sides. Arrange the strawberries along the outermost edge, "point" down to form the first rainbow stripe. Follow with a “stripe” of oranges, then kiwis, then blueberries, ending with the blackberries as the lower-most stripe. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a few hours. Slice and serve.
*We used a flour tortilla that we toasted in the oven for 2-3 min until lightly browned. We also left it in the circular shape.