Since I have a garlic allergy, I created a recipe for Garlic-Free Lemon Pepper.
Kathryn’s Garlic-Free Lemon Pepper
- ½ cup Lemon Zest about 9 small lemons (Only the yellow part of the lemon)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp Ground Black Pepper Fresh ground is best.
- 1 tsp Turmeric optional
- 1 tsp Coriander optional
- 1 tsp Ground Himalayan or Kosher salt (NuSalt is a good alternative if you are on low salt diet)
- Zest 9 lemons on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out the zest with a fork then put in a 170-degree (or the warm setting) pre heated oven for about 30 minutes. Let it cool completely and then add all ingredients together and put it in an airtight container.
Freeze Those Lemons
- Remember to save those lemons! Just pop them into a freezer bag and when you are ready to use one, just thaw it in the refrigerator the day before. Then juice as normal. Great way to preserve any citrus when they are in season.