Kathryn's Peach Cobbler
- 10 medium sized fresh peaches pitted, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon juice I prefer Fresh Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar this is 1 additional for topping
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt for topping
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter chilled and cut into small pieces for topping
- 1/4 cup boiling water you will mix this with 3 tbsp of sugar and cinnamon
- 3 tbsp White Sugar this ingredient is mixed with the boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon this ingredient goes with boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 9x14 baking dish. Bake in Preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Topping for Peach Cobbler In a large separate bowl, combine flour, 1/4 white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined. Remove peaches from oven, drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 35 minutes my gas oven took 40 minutes. I serve with Homemade Peach Ice Cream.
This recipe is one of my favorites my family loves it and we served Peach Ice Cream with it.