The Chef, You and I Show with Kathryn Raaker and her Guest, Marty Schultes. Kathryn and Marty enjoy making different dishes, including appetizers, salads, and main dishes.
Garlic Free Bolognese
This original recipe came from Pure Wow Slow cooker Bolognese
- 1 small onion peeled chopped
- 1 small small carrot peeled
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef – lean beef or ground sirloin
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1- pound pappardelle or other long pasta
- Grate the carrot, chop the onion and celery.Then in a large skillet add 2 tablespoons of Olive oil . Brown the meat, then add the rest of the ingriedients.
- On our show it was a 45-to 60 on top of the show in 360 cookware skillet.
By Chef Kathryn
- 2 cucumbers Peeled in strips do not peel the whole cucumber
- 12 cherry tomatoes - Chopped or 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 package Ranch Dip
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 cup of sour cream
- black pepper for garnish, optional
- Slice the cucumbers in ½ slices put aside.
- Blend softened cream cheese and add package if Ranch dip, add dill and 1 cup of sour cream mix until everything is blended and smooth. Take pipping Bag and fill it with the creamed mixture. Assemble the sliced cucumber on a serving dish and then pipe the mixture on top of each cucumber. Add a piece of the tomato on the top of the pipping. Refrigerate until ready to serve your guest.
Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
- 2 to 3 cups sour cream
- 1 ounce dried onion mix
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lbs round loaf of bread
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off the top of the loaf; set aside. Hollow out the bottom part, leaving a thick shell. Cut or tear the slice from the top of the loaf and the bread from inside into bite-sized pieces.
- Fill the shell with dip; set on a large platter. Arrange the bread pieces and vegetables around it and serve immediately.
Chef Kathryn Raaker
- ½ cup Extra virgin Olive oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 8 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 5 cups romaine lettuce - rinsed dried, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup pitted green olives
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 2 Tbsp Romano cheese grated
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the chopped lettuce put aside. In a separate bowl add red bell pepper, carrot, red onion, black olives, green olives, artichoke, cucumber, and Romano cheese. Season with pepper, add oil, rice vinegar, sugar, thyme, dry mustard and wine mix in with the ingredients. Then add the chopped lettuce and mix well refrigerate for one hour and serve.