The Chef, You and I Show with Kathryn Raaker and Fr. Andrew Umberg. On this show, they prepare some of Father Umberg’s favorite recipes. The first is Brussels sprouts with bell peppers and steak with hoisin sauce. Next, we prepare fried rice with shrimp. Lastly, we make an arugula salad with orange glaze dressing.
Father Andrew’s Fried Rice with Fresh Shrimp
- 1 ½ lbs. Fresh shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ large yellow onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Peanutor cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Frozen Peas and Carrots cooked for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave.
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 large Zucchini cubed
Father Andrew’s Orange Glazed Arugula Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 large Naval orange zested and sliced
- 2 packets of Stevia
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 10 oz Package Arugula
- 4 oz Goat Cheese Crumbled
- Assemble walnuts, orange zest. Heat oil, add the orange zest or splinters until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Add Balsamic Vinegar to the mixture. Pour into a bowl to cool. Put the mixture into the refrigerator until ready to serve on the Arugula.
- Add Arugula to Bowl, Then Add one package of Stevia to the Balsamic and Oil Mixture. Fluﬀ the
- Arugula in the Bowl, then Spoon on Dressing, add Raisins and Nuts, Toss, then top with arugula and
- Decorate with Orange slices. Serve 4 Servings.
Father Andrew’s Steak with Brussel Sprouts Red Peppers
- 8 to 10 oz -Bag Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 5 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Small Steaks sliced thin
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper sliced into strips, and then cut in half
- 1 ½ medium Zucchinis cubed
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Peanut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Prep: Slice nob off the Brussels sprouts, then cut quarters. Grill steaks and slice thin.
- In a Wok, heat oil and butter. When the butter is melted, add finely chopped onions -sweat the onions. Next, add the Brussel Sprouts and then Red Pepper. Once the Brussels sprouts are tender, stir in steak pieces, add Hoisin Sauce, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Serve on rice or with Fried Rice with shrimp and vegetables.