This is absolutely healthy wedding soup made by Father Andrew the pastor from our St. Joe’s Church.
Father Andrew's Italian Wedding Soup
A wonderful rich delicious Wedding Soup
- 1/2 pound Mild Italian Sauage
- 1/2 pound Lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 1/2 Cup Plain bread Crumbs
Stock for Wedding Soup
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked Chicken Splinter Chicken
- 3 Med Eggs - beaten
- 2 tablespoons Romano Parmesan Cheese
- In a large Bowl add Italian Sausage and Ground Beef use fork and chop meat mixture, add spices, mid then add egg and mix thoroughly, then add dry bread crumbs mix until mixture seems a little dry not wet. Then take an break up meat into small pieces about size of grape and then roll into meatballs with your hands. Heat up skillet and lightly brown meat.
- Use large soup pot turn on medium heat and add Virgin Olive Oil heat and then add minced garlic until it sizzles. Add 2 quarts of chicken stock and let boil on medium heat. Add Meat balls stir let cook for minute and then and chopped spinach. Pour eggs in a ribbon swirl let egg mixture cook for few seconds then take fork go back and forth separates egg . Let mixture simmer on stove. Chop up chicken in small pieces then push down on chicken separate until it looks like splinters then add to soup mixture. Then stir let cook for one minute. Spoon into individual bowls and add Parmesan Cheese.