In this episode of The Chef, You and I Show, Kathryn prepares some Fall appetizers. Kathryn would like to welcome one of her newest sponsors, GrillLIIGHT as well as Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray. Her first recipe is a Fall Charcuterie Board courtesy of the Washington Apple Commission, Apple Harvest Charcuterie Board. Next, she prepares a yummy Chicken Cranberry Salad and Fresh fruit Grape Salad. Finally, Kathryn prepares Grilled Onion and Swiss Flatbread.
Apple Harvest Charcuterie Board with Pumpkin Yogurt Dip
Recipe Courtesy from The Washington Apple Commission – from Costco Magazine
Pumpkin Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Gala apple cored and sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple cored and sliced
- 7 oz salami sliced
- 1 block white cheddar Cheese cut in cubes I used 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crushed cashews
- 2 Pkgs assortment of crackers
Costco’s Food to Table Cranberry Chicken Salad
Revised by Kathryn Raaker
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- ¾ cup Miracle Whip Light
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup celery chopped
- 1 green onion Thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pecans chopped (optional)
- 3 Chicken Breasts Cooked and chopped
- In a medium bowl. mix together mayonnaise and paprika. Blend in dried cranberries. celery, green onion, and nuts. Add chopped and gently blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Served on Croissant’s or Thin Bread
Grilled Onion and Swiss Flatbread
Original from Costco and Recipe from Cathy Roma (whatshouldimakefor.com)
Servings: 4 rounds
- 2 sweet onions peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 flatbread 8-inch rounds, such as naan
- 7 oz Swiss cheese 10 slices
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 Tbsp chives minced
- Heat a grill to medium-high
- Spray the onion slices with Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill the onions until softened and browned on both sides, flipping once. Remove to a plate.
- Brush both sides of the flatbread with Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay the flatbread on the grill, and grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the flatbread from the grill and top (on the grilled side) with cheese, onions (breaking up the rounds), add honey and thyme. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Turn off one side of the grill, keeping other side on medium-high. Place the topped flatbreads on the cool side of the grill; close the top. Grill until the flatbread is golden and toasted around the edges and the cheese is melty, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining sprinkle with chives and a pinch of salt. Slice and serve.
I sprayed Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray on the onions and used a piece of aluminum Foil on the grill, and sprayed it with Cornhuskers Gourmet Duck Fat Spray, also.
Kathryn’s Fall Fruit Salad
- 2 cups Watermelon cut into cubes
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 1 cup green grapes sliced
- 2 kiwis chopped
- 2 Avocados sliced
- 1 Gala apple sliced
- 1 Apple chopped
- 1 nectarine chopped
- ½ cup Pecans or Walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup You favorite Vinaigrette Poppy seed or a similar light vinaigrette
- In a large bowl add all ingredients mix and serve with your favorite dressing.