My friend, Marty Schultes and I, had a great time making a number of recipes for Father’s Day with some SkipKenny BBQ products. Check out the appetizers, slaw, burgers, and other summer foods we prepared.
Skipkenny BBQ Baked Beans
- 2 15 oz Cans of pork and beans
- 3 Tbsp Skipkenny Mustard Marinade
- ¼ cup table syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp of your favorite Skipkenny BBQ Sauce
- Mix ingredients well and place in 11 x 8 pan
- Cook at 350° F for one hour uncovered.
- Serve Hot!!!
Skipkenny BBQ Mac-n-Cheese
- 1 16 oz package of elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 tsp Skipkenny Texas BBQ Rub
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta per package instruction
- In a saucepan melt butter and whisk in flour until thick, whisk in milk bring to a boil and whisk in BBQ Rub. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl mix cheeses and the cream cheese sauce with the pasta.
- Pour mixture in an 11 x 9 ½ pan and bake at 350° F uncovered for 10-15 minutes (top starts to brown) and then covered for another half hour.
SkipKenney Smoked Bacon Burger
- 12 oz thick-cut Bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/8 cup Skipkenny Beef Marinade
- 1/8 cup Skipkenny Texas BBQ Rub
- 3 Tbsp Mustard Marinade
- Smoke Bacon at 300° F until cooked the way you like it.
- Mix Beef Marinade and rub into the ground beef then form into patties for grilling.
- Once Burgers are done, place on your favorite buns, add Bacon, and other condiments. You could also go bunless or use lettuce as a wrap. You can also use the Mustard Marinade or your favorite toppings to make delicious Burgers.
- 1 pkg shredded coleslaw mix
- ½ small head of green or red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- For Dressing Mix
- 1 cup Hellman’s or Best Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Skipkenny Rub
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of prepared mustard
- Directions In a large bowl mix add the Coleslaw mix or your own
- Mix together the Dressing and pour over the coleslaw mixture and blend it into the coleslaw.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or serve immediately with your meal.
Note: If you wish to make your own:
Skipkenny BBQ Dip
- 12 oz whipped Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Skipkenny Rub
- 1 Tbsp Whiskey BBQ Sauce Alt: Sweet BBQ or Spicy BBQ sauce
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl until smooth Chill about 1 hour.
- Serve with Fresh vegetables scoopers or crackers.