It’s that time of year again and we are going to help you celebrate by starting you off with this recipe, Fruit Salad with Jalapeno-Citrus Dressing. Kathryn is joined by Donna Griffin and together they prepare a spread that is fit for celebrating.
Cinco de Mayo Fruit Salad
- 1/2 honeydew melon cubed or make melon balls
- 1/2 cantaloupe cubed or make melon balls
- 1/2 large ripe papaya peeled, seeded, cubed
- 1 pint strawberries stemmed, halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunks Fresh is best but canned is okay.
- Fresh Mint Garnish
- 1/3 cup orange juice Fresh squeezed is best
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Mint minced
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey (may also use Agave)
- Scoop seeds from the melons. Remove fruit from rind with a peeler or knife and using a melon baller or cut into 3/4 inch wedges. Place in large bowl. Add papaya, strawberries, pineapple and Jalapeño-Citrus Dressing; gently toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Garnish with mint leaves.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, mint, jalapeños and sugar in small bowl; mix well.