In this episode of “The Chef, You and I Show,” guests Rosilynn and Katelyn join Kathryn as they get ready for Easter, They prepare lots of exciting things that Rosilynn and Katlyn enjoy getting their hands into. Together we made a Bunny Snack (aka Easter Bunny Bait), Easter Egg Fruit Pizza, Purple Rice Krispies Bunny nests with Candy eggs, and Candy carrots in a pot. We had so much fun, so check it out, and enjoy the recipes. We also found some pastel-colored eggs that we made into deviled eggs and created a lovely vegetable tray with a dip in a “bunny” bowl.
Easter Pudding Treats
- 1 6 ct Chocolate SUPER Snack Pack
- 1 lb Large strawberries rinsed and dried*
- Skewers for dipping Strawberries
- 1 pkg orange candy melts
- 6+ Oreos crushed to look like dirt
- Melt the orange candy melts in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Then dip the strawberries into the orange melts, scrape off any excess, and lay them wax paper or a baking rack sprayed with cooking spray. Put some of the melted orange candy melts into a zip-top sandwich bag. Cut off the corner and drizzle a zig-zag line across the orange strawberries for a “carrot”-type look.
- Crush some Oreos in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin. About 1 Oreo per pudding cup.
- Open the Snack Pack Pudding cups with the easy open lid and sprinkle some Oreo “dirt” into the top of each pudding cup. Dip a “carrot” strawberry into them and enjoy!
Original recipe found at Dessert Now Dinner Later (https://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/carrot-easter-pudding-cups/)
Bunny Food or Bait- Fun Eatable Snack
- 3 cups to 4 cups of White Popcorn I used Store Bought
- 1 cup thin Stick Pretzels break them in half
- 1 Bag of Melting Cream White Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 4 Tbsp Pink Sprinkles
- 16 oz-bag Easter M&M’s Half of the 32 oz bag
- Melt candy, Add Popcorn to large bowl add all other ingredients pour melted candy to the mix and stir all ingredients together. Then Spoon out mixture onto a large cookie sheet and wait until dries then you can break them apart to eat.
Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
- 16 oz sugar cookie dough
- 1 1/4 containers Cream Cheese Icing or you can make your favorite
- Assorted fruit berries, pineapple, oranges, kiwi, and/or bananas to decorate
- Roll out your cook dough in the shape of an egg and bake the cookie until a very light tan. Make sure you put it on a flat sheet pan or round stone Pizza Pan because when it is cooled you will be icing it. Ice the cookie generously. Starting at the top arrange pieces of your sliced fruit in rows until you come to the bottom. Have fun with it. Like making a pizza with fruit.
Edible Easter Egg Nests with Candy eggs
- 1 Jar Marshmallow Cream or Fluff or bag of small marshmallows*
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Purple food coloring
- Add 4 to 5 drops of food coloring to Marshmallow cream mix well.
- Add to Rice Krispies mix well. Spray a large Muffin Tin that holds 6 muffins.
- Take the rice Krispie Mix and form a half a small nest in the muffin tin. In the center of the nest add green frosting in a tube use just about a teaspoon or two.
- Take out of freezer and add Colored candy eggs maybe four.