What an exciting show I have for you today. I will be cooking with stainless steel cookware manufactured and provided by 360 Cookware located in West Bend, WI. While I’m demonstrating my versions, you can find the original recipes on their website at www.360cookware.com/pages/recipes
360 Cookware – Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for garnish
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 Fennel Bulb trimmed and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced – (omit if allergic)
- 1 bunch Kale or Swiss Chard stems removed, leaves washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small Zucchini diced
- 1 small Yellow Squash diced
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper seeded and diced- (substitute celery to replace pepper)
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups Chopped Cooked Chicken – 19 oz can Beans for vegetarian-rinsed/drained
- 4 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth Water or Vegetable broth if vegetarian
- 1 tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese – optional
- Heat 8-Quart Stockpot over medium heat for 1 minute. Add oil and heat until shimmers (just before smoking). Add onions, carrots, fennel, and garlic to the stock pot, and season with salt.
- Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are softened.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cooked chicken (or beans), kale, zucchini, squash and bell pepper. Season with black pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until steam begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30minutes. (After about 10 minutes give the lid a quick spin—if it spins easily, leave it alone until it’s done. If not, increase the heat to re-engage the Vapor Seal, then reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking as directed.)
- Ladle the soup into warm bowls, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp plus 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced (Omit for allergies)
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Seitan chopped into 1” pieces
- 3-4 Scallions chopped
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Asparagus chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 cups Broccoli chopped
- Place the Stir Fry Pan over medium heat and add the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave syrup, veggie broth, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes). Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in the Stir Fry Pan over medium to high heat. Add the seitan and fry until lightly browned. Add the scallions, bell pepper, asparagus, shiitakes and broccoli and stir-fry another 2–3 minutes, until the veggies are crips-tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli has softened.
- Serve immediately with soba noodles.